Even before 2020, digital tools were a critical part of any business. From Gmail to OneDrive, and Trello to OpenProject, you would have invested in some basic digital tools. Now, however, with a global pandemic and offices shut, collaborative tools for remote working are absolutely vital. Whether you are a new startup or an established SME, chances are you cannot work without them. That is why we have listed down the best remote working tools in 2021 that will increase your employee’s efficiency and productivity.
When it comes to remote management though, it’s a whole different ball game. Now, you can’t just turn to your colleague to get help. There are often layers of complex communication tools weaved in between. If these tools are taking up more time, and making work difficult, it’s probably time to rethink your digital investments.
No matter what you want to do, there are the best digital tools for remote working out there for it. So, we have rounded up some of the more popular options, that don’t eat up your time and are easy to use. They are also budget-friendly, ideal for SMEs and start-ups like yours. If you want to be productive, here are the collaborative tools for remote working you should be using.
Best Remote Working Tools in 2021 For Communication
You could just pick up the phone and call, or send a WhatsApp message. Why spam WhatsApp though, when there are so many better alternatives out there?
- Slack: Slack allows you to organise your communications into “channels”, giving each team their own space. With built-in support for third-party apps, it’s easy to get work done without needing multiple open apps.
- Zoom: Ideal for mini-conferences or client calls, Zoom is the video communication app the whole world is using. The basic plan is also free, with a 40-minute time limit per call. Upgrades are cheaper than most other options.
- Fugu: Fugu comes with the ability to customise plugins and themes, to suite your team’s needs. You also get unlimited storage and an attendance bot with GPS & face recognition.
Best Software for Team and Project Management
Working on several things at once? If you are struggling to keep track, why not try one of these online collaboration tools?
- Asana: A good tool for most team, Asana allows you to organise and assign tasks. There’s also a handy timeline so you can see if projects are clashing. You can also keep track of progress, with handy charts.
- OpenProject: This free tool allows you to easily plan and schedule projects with timelines and development methodologies like Scrum and Kanban. It also offers budgeting and cost reporting, making it useful for business development teams.
- Jira: For tech teams, Jira offers bug and project tracking. You can create your own workflow, and integrate it with development tools for easy tracking.
Best Note-Taking Apps for Remote Workers
Whether it’s a meeting with a stakeholder or just some suggestions for your next team review, note-taking is critical. Here are a few handy apps that you can use.
- Notion: With multiple workspaces, Notion allows you to create extensive notes with lists and tables. Notion acts as a Team Wiki, Project catalogue and a note-taker.
- Evernote: One of the original classics, Evernote allows you to capture audio, images and notes all in one single app. You can even set reminders to ensure you are on top of your tasks.
- Miro: Miro gives you a whiteboard that you can fill with ideas, which then turn into workflows. You also get a planning timeline and mapping for complex processes.
Remote Working Software and Tools for Collaboration
If you miss the office environment, bring it back with apps that create a virtual office.
- Tandem: This virtual office allows you to see what apps/files your teammates are working on, and join them with a click. There’s also voice and video calls and support for over 40 online collaboration tools.
- Wurkr: Wurkr gives you breakout and meeting rooms for private conversations, or an open-plan virtual office to chat with the whole team. You can also invite external guests for meetings.
- Sococo: Colleagues will appear as avatars, giving you instant access to chat or call. You can drop into any room and work, as you would in an actual office.
Of course, there are plenty of other options out there, but these are some of the best remote working tools in 2021. All these paid and free remote working tools will increase your employee’s efficiency and productivity for remote working for a startup. They are affordable and come with great benefits to the whole team. There’s also another important benefit you need to keep when remote working: your group healthcare plan.
Good employee healthcare plans are critical, as they will allow your employees to put their health first. Another critical and best app for remote workers during a pandemic is your employee healthcare plan service provider. Like these remote working tools, your healthcare plans are vital to getting the most out of your team.
TeamSure by Onsurity provides comprehensive employee healthcare plans for small businesses. Just like these online collaboration tools, TeamSure is economical and flexible. No matter how big or small your team, we have a plan that’s right for you. Starting at just ₹145/employee per month, we make employee healthcare benefits simple.
Sounds interesting? Well then don’t wait any further. Give your team the healthcare they deserve, so that they are as healthy and productive as they can be. Simply head to the Onsurity homepage and enter your mobile number and GSTIN, that’s all we need to get you started.